[Frameworks] Vinegar syndrome?

Hannes.Karnick at web.de Hannes.Karnick at web.de
Tue Dec 17 13:08:40 UTC 2019

Ask Helmut Herbst.

Regards

Hannes

Von: FrameWorks <frameworks-bounces at jonasmekasfilms.com> Im Auftrag von Steven
Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. Dezember 2019 13:35
An: frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com
Betreff: Re: [Frameworks] Vinegar syndrome?

You might want to try to contact the National film archives - in the US, not sure if that is the correct term or title of the agency. I remember seeing a presentation many years ago where they had a film that had been irreparably damaged by Vinegar syndrome, so every so often then would make a print of it in its current condition, to watch the deterioration progress. It was quite fascinating.