[Frameworks] FAR OUT FILM FEST: Call For Entries

John Warren johnwarren at alum.calarts.edu
Fri Dec 20 22:06:28 UTC 2019

Hello Frameworkers,

Submissions for the 2020 FAR OUT FILM FEST are now open! We are once again calling all psychonaut filmmakers to submit avant-garde films and animations that present physical voyages, psychedelic journeys, or a phenomenological experience of the world. We are interested in experimental and psychedelic films from any time, any dimension, and now any length.

Theme for 2020: The Spiritual (mysticism, metaphysics, transcendentalism, altered states, and the expansion of consciousness). We are looking for visionary, lyrical, trance, flicker, underground, formally radical, visually experimental, and bizarre 16mm films and digital videos that somehow resonate with the theme.

Categories
Far Out Feature (films over 60 min)
Far Out Shorts (films under 60 min)
Far Out Music Videos (under 10 min)
Movies with LIVE Soundtrax

Deadlines
The regular deadline is March 13, the extended deadline is April 20. Filmmakers will be notified by May 15 2020.

We accept submissions via FilmFreeway: https://filmfreeway.com/FarOutFilmFest <https://filmfreeway.com/FarOutFilmFest>

peace, jw

John Warren
Independent Filmmaker
Lecturer, Vanderbilt University Department of Art
Programmer & Artistic Director, Far Out Film Fest
https://www.faroutfilmfest.com/ <https://www.faroutfilmfest.com/>