[Frameworks] February shows + screenings

mariah garnett mariah.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 18:13:35 UTC 2019

Hi Friends!
I have a bunch of stuff going on if February in LA.
Hope to see you soon!

*TROUBLE* OPENING AT LAMAG
[image: Mariah_Garnett_BannerTrouble-e1541632229636.jpg]
First and foremost, my survey of work from the last 10 years, which
includes my latest, longest film to date, *Trouble,* is opening on *Sunday
Feb 10, from 2-5pm* at Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery
<https://www.lamag.org/portfolio_page/garnett/> in Barnsdall Park.
On *March 16* there will be a screening of *Trouble* (more info will be
forthcoming) where I'll do a q+a and a closing event on *April 14* so check
back in for details!
*The film is 83 minutes long, and will screen 3 times per day, at 11:30am,
1pm and 2:30pm, Thurs-Sun from Feb 14-April 14.*

SCREENING AT USC
[image: open letter2.png][image: Eclipse.png]

Secondly, two of my works, which aren't featured in the Barnsdall Park
show, *Open Letter* and *Untitled (Eclipse)* will be shown at *USC's
Cinematheque108 at 7pm* in a screening called *Open Letter, Recent Work
from Southern California Filmmakers* curated by Madison Brookshire.

BILLBOARDS ON SUNSET STRIP
[image: ezgif.com-resize.gif]

Last but not least, my work will be featured on the* Sunset Strip
billboards at 8410 Sunset Blvd
<https://www.weho.org/community/arts-and-culture/visual-arts/art-on-the-outside/electronic-billboards-on-sunset-blvd>*
for
all of Feb + March. I made 6 new animations out of images by The Poster
Workshop <http://www.posterworkshop.co.uk/>, a leftist radical
screen-printing group to whom my dad was an apprentice in the late
60's/early 70's in Belfast, Northern Ireland.