[Frameworks] Bell & Howell Film 70 series

Dominic Angerame dominic.angerame at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 01:33:53 UTC 2019

In WWII these were also called Combat Cameras. A tank could run over it, leaving the camera man dead yet the film and camera would survive.

There is a great shot of the Allies first  landing on Normandy showing battle action. It is evident that everyone on the ship was killed yet this amazing footage survived. It is also the scene that opens Saving Private Ryan.