[Frameworks] Expanded cinema and experimental music

Gene Youngblood atopia at comcast.net
Fri Feb 22 04:53:44 UTC 2019

Yes, it was Stan Vanderbeek. He also coined, in 1965, the term “Culture Intercom” — planetarium-like domes with multiple projections of live satellite feeds from around the world. His dome in upstate New York was finished in 1967 just after Sputnik was launched, but of course had to simulate video feeds with 16mm.