[Frameworks] Fee Waiver: Edinburgh International Film Festival

steph g bluespool at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 15 18:12:04 UTC 2019

________________________________
From: FrameWorks <frameworks-bounces at jonasmekasfilms.com> on behalf of Kim Knowles <kim.knowles at edfilmfest.org.uk>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 3:46 PM
To: Experimental Film Discussion List
Subject: [Frameworks] Fee Waiver: Edinburgh International Film Festival

CALL FOR EXPERIMENTAL SUBMISSIONS – EDINBURGH INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL

DEADLINE: 7 February 2019

FESTIVAL DATES: 19 – 30 June 2019

Hi Frameworkers and happy new year to you all!

I’m a bit behind with sending out this annual announcement, but as is usually the case, Frameworks subscribers are entitled to a submission fee waiver for the BLACK BOX experimental strand of EIFF. Many of you have screened in Black Box before and some of you have even made the trip to present your films in person so you know what a cool and welcoming place it is! 16mm, 35mm, digital: all are welcome! Shorts and mid-length films are preferred, but features are also considered.

The procedure is slightly different this year. As some of you may know, I’m working on a book with a looming deadline and therefore my emailing and submission processing time is severely limited. If you would like to submit, please contact Melissa Conneely, the Submissions Co-ordinator at submissions at edfilmfest.org.uk<mailto:submissions at edfilmfest.org.uk> with the subject line clearly marked FRAMEWORKS FEE WAIVER and you’ll receive the relevant forms. Some people are emailing me directly with links – this is fine and your film(s) will be processed, but you may not receive a response from me for some time! I’ll try to answer email queries as quickly as possible but please be patient.

PLEASE NOTE: a UK premiere is required for all feature films and international short films, and works should be no more than 12 months old at the time of the Festival. If your film can be viewed online without a password it will unfortunately be ineligible. A Scottish premiere is a requirement for UK short films. Rules and regs here: https://www.edfilmfest.org.uk/press-industry/submissions/submission-rules-and-regulations<https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.edfilmfest.org.uk%2Fpress-industry%2Fsubmissions%2Fsubmission-rules-and-regulations&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ce6ac5c0853e14ef1838a08d67a616467%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636830956050838234&sdata=nMMaVX2kCCbI4LMibnb7GTvRTABqmr1j6x0k%2B5vuVjA%3D&reserved=0>.

I will be attending the Rotterdam Film Festival from Thursday 24th to Monday 28th. Come and say hello. I look forward to seeing your work/chatting to you/having a beer together etc.

Peace and love, as always.

Kim Knowles

Experimental Film Programmer, EIFF

KEEP IN TOUCH WITH EIFF
Become a web member for FREE and receive news and offers: http://www.edfilmfest.org.uk/register
Follow EIFF at: https://twitter.com/edfilmfest or http://www.facebook.com/edfilmfest
t. +44(0)131 228 4051
f. +44(0)131 229 5501
w. http://www.edfilmfest.org.uk
88 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH3 9BZ Scotland, United Kingdom
The Edinburgh International Film Festival Limited is a subsidiary of the Centre for the Moving Image. Registered in Scotland No: SC132453. VAT No: 502 548861. Registered Office: 88 Lothian Road, Edinburgh.