[Frameworks] Jonas Mekas vs. Yalkut, Vogel, Guttenplan, Cooper and Bienstock

David Baker dbaker1 at hvc.rr.com
Tue Jul 30 15:22:04 UTC 2019

As an unsolicited contribution to the ongoing exhibition at Microscope Gallery,
“Scrapbook (or, Why Can’t We Live Together)”
here is a three part historic radio broadcast circa 1972-73
uploaded to Vimeo which I would like to share with fellow Frameworkers
who might find it of interest.

Part 1 is a discussion moderated by Jud Yalkut
with panelists David Bienstock (curator at the Whitney Museum), Karen Cooper
(director of Film Forum), Howard Guttenplan (director of Millennium Film Workshop),
and Amos Vogel (founder of Cinema 16 and the NY Film Festival)
speaking on the topic “The Problems Of Exhibiting 16mm Film in New York City.”

Part 2 continuing into Part 3, Jonas Mekas joins the group to respond to concerns they have
regarding his writing at The Village Voice.

Part 1 - 45:51 (a fragment, ending abruptly) 12/10/72

https://vimeo.com/350865054 <https://vimeo.com/350865054>

Part 2 - 46:27 3/12/73

https://vimeo.com/350880668 <https://vimeo.com/350880668>

Part 3 - 38:42 (a continuation from Part 2)

https://vimeo.com/350888213 <https://vimeo.com/350888213>