[Frameworks] Barbara Hammer, RIP

Janet Benn janetabenn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 22:54:57 UTC 2019

I am so incredulous! Two weeks ago at AgX we used one of her essays to
discuss the different ways experimental or personal or revolutionary film
could also fulfill a "documentary" role. I can't write as well as she did
on the subject, but she has been a constant presence in the filmmaking
world for my entire career as a facilitator and supporter of meaningful
film.

A great loss, but she did leave her work and her writing behind for all the
growing film artists out there, and we should be sure they hear about her!

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 10:54 PM Ruth Hayes <randomruth at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just want to acknowledge Barbara Hammer’s passing, her influence on so
> many experimental filmmakers, including myself, and her courage,
> playfulness and indomitable spirit.
>
> Peace,
>
> Ruth Hayes
>
> http://www.randommotion.com