[Frameworks] "All the Dark Screens" (Albert Alcoz)

Robert Withers withersr at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 30 18:16:45 UTC 2019

Hello Albert,
I enjoyed a few minutes of the film you posted, even with my non-existent Spanish.

It raises a question I’ve puzzled over. We used to be bemused by the fact that, since film projection is intermittent and interrupted by a shutter, blocking light to the screen, we were perhaps sitting in darkness during half of a screening, watching the persistent images in our minds. It’s hard to research how video technology works comparatively, but I find some suggestions that there is no similar dark interval in video projection (if there is it’s fleeting — the blanking interval etc.) so I wonder how the video technology affects our physiology.

Can anyone share info or a source for info or thoughts on info about this?

Thanks,
Robert

Robert Withers
withersr at earthlink.net