[Frameworks] Narratives of Copyright Play

Bernard Roddy roddybp0 at gmail.com
Fri May 3 01:50:11 UTC 2019

Hey everyone:

I'm teaching a course in a computer science program in which I devote a
week to intellectual property. The use of found footage became more
interesting as a result of looking for cases with which to raise ethical
debate and present new terms of analysis.

In a slight departure from the expected narrative of the ethical dilemma
faced in employment circumstances by the computer programmer or data
analyst (security analysis seems to be the major to go wtih), I looking at
a 2003 text from Artforum on the preservation of a film by Bruce Conner
(Crossroads, 1976). Has anyone seen this film?

But also, are there other such sources that anyone can think of for this
kind of discussion? I am thinking of the whole matter of engaging a court
system but in terms that are sympathetic with moving image artistic
practice.

Bernie