[Frameworks] Kodachrome

Scott Dorsey kludge at panix.com
Fri May 3 17:58:58 UTC 2019

> I gotta say, the more I learn about photographic chemistry, the more I am
> saddened that it has become such a rare, niche activity.

It was once a field of very active research and development.  If you are
curious about B&W photography I strongly recommend getting a first edition
of C.E.Kenneth Mees' book _Theory of the Photographic Process_.  If you
are curious about color photography I recommend getting a third edition.
A lot of cool stuff was removed from later edition (like a huge amount of
information about gelatin physics) in order to fit the details about color.

Copies are out there and shouldn't be very expensive.  There are plenty of
other good books, but most of them will be found in the references in the
back of Mees.
--scott