[Frameworks] essay film . . only better

Bernard Roddy roddybp0 at gmail.com
Sat May 25 13:07:49 UTC 2019

I know, we're supposed to do this in facebook or something, but I was
thinking about the essay and regretting my mention of Ravett, which isn't
essay filmmaking: But the Hein totally is. Die Unheimlichen Frauen is an
essay. It looks like she called it Kali Film for a while. Check this
interview out that she gave with Mike Hoolboom way back in 1990:

 http://mikehoolboom.com/?p=69

I was also thinking of La Moderna Poesia (2000) when I mentioned her film
"on Cuba." In the interview she discusses a transition with Wilhelm into
live performance. I love the way she thinks. Hoolboom is very good at
bringing thing out that matter, if I may say so.

Bernie