[Frameworks] TT Assistant Professor of Production: SUNY Binghamton University

Kenneth A White kawhite at binghamton.edu
Sun Nov 3 16:38:44 UTC 2019

SUNY Binghamton University’s Cinema Department is hiring a TT Assistant Professor of Production. Application review begins 15 November 2019.

Binghamton University's Cinema Department develops artists and creative thinkers who are willing to explore the experimental. A strong history of underground and independent production has made our trailblazing department an antidote to the Hollywood industry model. We seek an established or emerging artist, working and exhibiting in experimental modes of production, for a tenure-track appointment in our production stream at the rank of assistant professor to start in August 2020. This position carries a 2/2 teaching load. The successful candidate will maintain an active creative practice and will also contribute to the department via service, including committee work, independent studies, curricular development etc.

Applicants should display a strong commitment to encouraging video or filmmaking as a creative practice. We value effective teaching and technical proficiency. Preferred qualifications include an MFA, a strong record as an artist, and experience teaching at a college level. We encourage the integration of alternative processes involving installation, performance, animation, and new media; we value global and cross-cultural perspectives.

A complete application package will include a letter of intent; curriculum vitae; sample syllabi; evidence of teaching experience and success; statement of teaching philosophy; samples of creative work; and names and contact information for three confidential letters of reference. Electronic submissions only
to https://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/ <https://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/> Review of applications will begin 15 November 2019 and continue until the position is filled.

https://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp;jsessionid=7E4D996B58E6D4E67CB255745576CB24?JOBID=116439&CNTRNO=32&TSTMP=1572311782124&fbclid=IwAR2gFRIkyvJJaAihGKrwZBuuZvL8fk_q3Xc12VBkif_fDQzgyvMJ38DOd1Q <https://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp;jsessionid=7E4D996B58E6D4E67CB255745576CB24?JOBID=116439&CNTRNO=32&TSTMP=1572311782124&fbclid=IwAR2gFRIkyvJJaAihGKrwZBuuZvL8fk_q3Xc12VBkif_fDQzgyvMJ38DOd1Q>

All my best,

Kenneth.

Kenneth White
Assistant Professor of Film Studies
Cinema Department
State University of New York at Binghamton
PO Box 6000
Binghamton, NY 13902-6000
607-777-4998
kawhite at binghamton.edu <mailto:kawhite at binghamton.edu>

Editor, Millennium Film Journal
http://www.mfj-online.org <http://www.mfj-online.org/>

Scholar-in-Residence, Film-Makers’ Cooperative, New York
http://film-makerscoop.com <http://film-makerscoop.com/>