[Frameworks] A - very - Long Shot: how to get in touch with Michael Shamberg?

Chris G spydir at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 13:03:24 UTC 2019

Hi Brecht,

You might want to check and see if you aren’t actually looking for Michael H. Schamberg who produced and directed several of New Order’s videos (Electronic featured NO’s Bernard Sumner). Unfortunately he died a few years ago. I’m not sure if they worked with both Michael Shambergs- but maybe... Wikipedia and IMDB attribute some of his work to the more well-known producer. It also seems that Michael H. was in a documentary called “To Chris Marker, an Unsent Letter”. He also produced the Blue Monday 1988 video directed by Robert Breer. Guessing his ties to the experimental film world ran a bit deeper.

Hope this helps somehow even if it’s not the info you were looking for.

Best,
Christopher