[Frameworks] Research about "Essential Cinema" ? Anthology Film Archives

Mark Toscano mrktosc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 19:31:44 UTC 2019

When I did some research in the Brakhage papers at CU Boulder, I came
across a bunch of documents pertaining to the Essential Cinema
selection/committee process, which were fascinating.  Stan Brakhage was
initially involved in the committee, but ended up leaving it, apparently.
There were lists of films and spaces for people to vote for the film's
inclusion, etc.  If you can get access to some of that material (maybe P.
Adams still has them?) it would be well worth a look.

Mark T