[Frameworks] Recently completed animation restoration

Marcin Gizycki mgizycki at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:55:40 UTC 2020

Very nice! Great job!
Marcin Gizycki

From: FrameWorks <frameworks-bounces at jonasmekasfilms.com> On Behalf Of casey at flyingfoto.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 9:45 PM
To: frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com
Subject: [Frameworks] Recently completed animation restoration

For a little diversion I offer a little project I've just completed. A full restoration of an animation produced by the very talented Fred Burns at USC in 1974, with a soundtrack by George Winston.
95% of the original art still existed. It was scanned for color and matte at 6K, and in the French software TVPaint was re-imagined at 4K.
This approach eliminated the traditional problems of neutral density of the cel stacks associated with traditional rostrum photography, and offered other "liberties" taken with the art to create this new version.
This was a test / proof of performance for a larger ongoing project Fred and I are working on.
Enjoy.

https://vimeo.com/403043854

Casey Herbert
Chief Pixel Wrangler