[Frameworks] book club

Gene Youngblood atopia at comcast.net
Sat Apr 11 17:30:07 UTC 2020

Frameworkers, some of this is redundant, but not all:

The Gray Area Foundation for the Arts in San Francisco is hosting an online book club reading of the 50th Anniversary Edition of Expanded Cinema, published in March by Fordham University Press.

Readings began Sunday, April 5, and will continue every Sunday through May 17. We’re using the book as a springboard to topics that range far beyond its pages.

 Sign up for the book club: https://grayarea.org/event/expanded-cinema-book-club-with-gene-youngblood/

The readings archive is here: https://grayarea.org/event/expanded-cinema-book-club-with-gene-youngblood/  Immediately below it on the same page is my keynote lecture at the 2016 Gray Area Festival. Lots of slides, some animated.

On March 19, Rhizome in NYC hosted an online book launch celebration that included clips from Bryan Konefsky's documentary about me and a conversation with Rhizome’s director Michael Connor. It’s on Fordham’s home page: https://www.fordhampress.com/

 About Gray Area: https://grayarea.org/about/mission/

 Purchase Expanded Cinema: https://www.fordhampress.com/9780823287413/expanded-cinema/

 Thanks, and take care…