[Frameworks] Laser printing tutorial

Beebe, Roger W. beebe.77 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 13 15:33:07 UTC 2020

All,

I made this very quick (& very dense) tutorial about laser printing on 16mm leader to take the place of a class visit at the University of South Carolina that was canceled when the world shut down.  I originally thought I’d just share it with the students in the class, but then I posted on FB, where folks seemed to find it useful, so I figured I’d share it here as well.  If you’re teaching 16mm & your students no longer have access to gear or if you’re in that situation yourself, maybe it’ll suggest one way you can keep on making work on film:

https://vimeo.com/402644336/578a9aab08

There’s a much longer version of this that I do as a workshop (between 3 hours and 4 days(!)), so do know that this 10-minute primer is just the tip of the iceberg.

(And if you don’t have clear leader, I’m assuming Larry Urbanski or Dwight Cody could still hook you up during the lockdown—likely a lot easier to get your hands on than raw stock, a camera, a functioning lab or darkroom chemistry, etc.).

FYI,
Roger