[Frameworks] Hand Crafted Films: Call for Submissions / Participants

Filmont Media Project filmontmediaproject at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 14:41:34 UTC 2020

Dear Frameworkers,

The *FILMont Media Project* is seeking films and moving image artists to
include in an online screening event exploring hands-on interventions in
the filmmaking process.

This event is in lieu a scheduled community collaborative hand-painted film
project in rural Philmont, New York that's been delayed to practice social
distancing in these challenging times. We'll be screening the work in
progress from our "Hand Made Movie March" workshop which was interrupted by
the current pandemic.

Do you paint, decoupage, or scratch your film? Do you experiment with hand
processing or other artisinal techniques with the filmstrip? Do you have a
film or video exploring some aspect of handcraft creation? Share your work
with us for a virtual screening and conversation at *7pm, Friday May 15. *

Please submit a link to your work to *filmontmediaproject at gmail.com
<filmontmediaproject at gmail.com>* by May 11 along with a brief description
of your working process.

This project is made possible with funds from the Decentralization Program,
a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the
support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature and
administered in Columbia County by Greene County Council on the Arts dba
CREATE Council for Resources to Enrich the Arts, Technology & Education.

--
Heath Iverson
Director, *FILMont Media Project*