[Frameworks] books on animation theory?

Eric Theise erictheise at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 16:33:34 UTC 2020

Hi Cecilia,

Your question prompted me to finally look at Light Industry's "bookshop",
which has a section on animation. Most of the titles are of the type you're
not seeking but a few might qualify.

https://bookshop.org/lists/animation

Paul Taberham comes at animation through cognition and might have some
recommendations; friendly and helpful fellow, contact him.

https://paultaberham.academia.edu/research

I've been meaning to read "Frame by Frame: A Materialist Aesthetics of
Animated Cartoons" by
Hannah Frank. If you or anyone else are interested maybe a Zoom reading
group would provide discipline and camaraderie.

Eric