[Frameworks] books on animation theory?

Eric Theise erictheise at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 18:59:38 UTC 2020

Francisco, Ceciia, others,

I decided to trace my steps back to what led to my interest in the late
Hannah Frank's "Frame by Frame: A Materialist Aesthetics of Animated
Cartoons". It was J. Hoberman's review in Artforum, Sept 2019, which I read
in print and to which I don't have access online though it's here if you do:

https://www.artforum.com/print/201907/j-hoberman-on-hannah-frank-s-frame-by-frame-a-materialist-aesthetics-of-animated-cartoons-80518

Turns out her book's available for free in several download formats.
https://luminosoa.org/site/books/m/10.1525/luminos.65/

I am going to try and read through it in the next couple of weeks so if
anyone's interested in discussing it, please be in touch.

Eric