[Frameworks] "phi phenomenon"

Myron Ort zeno at sonic.net
Sat Aug 22 17:58:07 UTC 2020

Didn’t the Gestalt psychology movement deal with this phenomenon.

"Gestalt principles of movement perception
In 1912 Wertheimer discovered the phi phenomenon, an optical illusion in which stationary objects shown in rapid succession, transcending the threshold at which they can be perceived separately, appear to move. ... …is referred to as the phi phenomenon.”

https://www.psychologynoteshq.com/phi-phenomenon-and-psychology/