[Frameworks] Slide Projector Controller

Scott Dorsey kludge at panix.com
Mon Aug 24 19:01:53 UTC 2020

Just because it works in mag tape bypass mode does not mean that the
controller is actually working and hearing audio.

If you load the program into the machine, can you see it?  Going with the
up and down buttons can you see a bunch of cues in there?  Can you play
those cues back by hand in order by pressing the cut button?

I am assuming you're loading the program in off a program tape and not
punching it all in by hand.  If you punch it in by hand that's fine but
it doesn't validate that the input works.

Does the track on the tape just have 1000kc tones all one after the other,
just the same tone every time and not different ones?

Do you have the synchronizer device that goes from the tape machine to
the coyote?  Was the original show done with the synchronizer or wild
or with timecode?  If there is timecode on the track, it will be a whining
sound instead of identical beeps.

I have never used a Coyote but I used to have some time on the Eagle and
Show Pro controllers from AVL.  Do you have the Coyote manual?

The expert multimage guy is stevenmichaelson at gmail.com and he will almost
certainly be able to figure out how the original configuration was done.
--scott