[Frameworks] Urgent: support needed against pending expulsion of artist collective in Grenoble, France: Peldis (Atelier MTK, Octobre, Laps, Culture Ailleurs, Cinex)

Joyce Lainé joycelaine at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 21:03:47 UTC 2020

Hello

This is a call for support for our studio in Grenoble. Including Atelier
MTK, a lab where celluloid filmmaking and techniques have been explored and
shared for the last thirty years. We are threatened with expulsion in the
next few weeks.

This is a brief summary/translation of the attached letter:

Since 1998, the Dispel collective (now made up of the associations
Cinex, Culture Ailleurs, Laps, MTK and Octobre) has been occupying the
Peldis industrial wasteland, using the building as
studios/workshops/laboratory, with a land lease agreement signed with
the City of Grenoble, which itself has an agreement with the Metro, the
building's owner.
The agreement between the City and the Metro has been null and void
since 2018.
A promise of re-housing has been dragging on for three years despite
numerous meetings and files.
And today, the entire Dispel collective is threatened. The Metro is
asking the City of Grenoble to evict us from the site on 27 December.
This space is unique and brings together artists excited by their
practice (cinema, graphic design, installation, performance, sculpture,
printing...) and the desire to share their tools with the outside world.

If you would like more details or have any questions, please contact me.

Please show your support by signing the attached PDF letter and
returning it to
eric.piolle at grenoble.fr (Mayor of Grenoble)
and
christophe.ferrari at grenoblealpesmetropole.fr (President of La Métro).
With a personalized message if you feel so inspired.

Don't forget to also send a copy to Dispel (dispel at mailo.com)
Thanks,