[Frameworks] Cameraless film in the university

Beebe, Roger W. beebe.77 at osu.edu
Wed Feb 12 13:09:57 UTC 2020

Albert,

I’ve taught a cameraless filmmaking class every few years for the last decade or so at two large public universities in the US (the University of Florida and Ohio State University).  That class is definitely not industry-oriented—it’s an end in itself (i.e., fully in the experimental film tradition).  I have also taught it as a one- or two-week module in other classes, usually just to give students a sense of film material.

I don’t know how widely spread this practice is, but my sense is there are enough folks like me situated at public universities who sneak this in in one way or another.

Best,
Roger

Roger Beebe
Professor and Graduate Chair