[Frameworks] RE : Cameraless film in the university

ak43201 andre.colinet at telenet.be
Wed Feb 12 13:12:13 UTC 2020

Hello,

among other activities I’ve done this for twenty years in LUCA school of arts Brussels, film department, now I’m retired, but it has always been considered, and certainly in the beginning, as « passé, old fashioned ».
I had always to defend this atelier and convince the colleagues that it was in no contradiction with new technology and on the contrary, it gives more insight in the fundamentals of cinematography.
Anyhow, if you love cinema you love all techniques, old and new.
But the students loved it and I’ve seen wonderful films.
For the younger generations it was the only chance to work with film.
And of course it‘s also taught as a technique that can be applied in the audiovisual industry (such as video clips, advertisements, fiction animated films, etc.) or as a line to develop artistic projects or personal film developments.

All the best.

André Colinet

Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10