[Frameworks] Cameraless film in the university

Ignacio Tamarit tamarit.ignacio at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 15:07:31 UTC 2020

Hi Albert!

I do know that there was a class of cameraless animation at FUC (Fundación
Universidad del Cine) for the people that study the animation degree, but I
think that is over.  Also at FUC, at the Técnicas Audiovisuales subject,
which is the one where students can have a insight in experimental cinema,
there is a coverage of found footage and cameraless films. For two years I
was invited to this classes to do a lecture on Cameraless cinema and
project films on 16 mm.

All the best,

Ignacio

El jue., 13 feb. 2020 a las 11:00, Albert Alcoz (<albertalcoz at gmail.com>)
escribió:

> Thank you very much for these positive answers.
>
> Today Frameworks has given me a joy.
>
> It's great to see cameraless film is an important issue in the university.
>
> I will use all these thoughts for the academic paper.
>
> Best,
> Albert
>
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 10:56 AM Carolina Cappa <carolinacappa at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hola Alberto,
>>
>> At the University of Buenos Aires we regularly include a 16 mm cameraless
>> film workshop as part of the Audiovisual Technology biannual subject. We've
>> been doing it since 2015 and in crowded classrooms as this university is
>> public and free. I don't actually know if students finally get to use it in
>> the audiovisual industry though I've seen some products using other
>> animation techniques derived from this.
>>
>> Saludos
>> Carolina
>>

>> El jue., 13 feb. 2020 a las 3:43, Ruth Hayes (<randomruth at comcast.net>)
>> escribió:
>>
>>> At The Evergreen State College we teach direct animation and cameraless
>>> film in our foundation program and in some other classes depending on the
>>> subject. As with others responding, I’ve found it a great way to bring fine
>>> arts students in to animation and media production. Also, Devon Damonte
>>> teaches a summer course here, Visual Music on 16mm and 35mm Film that
>>> involves all sorts of cameraless techniques including making photograms and
>>> hand-processing. Students appreciate the materiality of working with film
>>> and photo processes, especially if all they’ve done before is digital. It’s
>>> also a way to get them into thinking about forms beyond the narrative and
>>> single channel presentation.
>>>
>>> Ruth
>>>
>>> http://www.randommotion.com-
>>>
>>> sites.evergreen.edu/ruthhayes/
>>>

>>> On Feb 12, 2020, at 3:58 AM, Albert Alcoz <albertalcoz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if cameraless film is a common subject at university?
>>>
>>> I am investigating the role of cameraless film in the studies of Fine
>>> Arts and Media Studies.
>>>
>>> Most of cameraless film workshops are organized by art centers,
>>> alternative spaces or private film schools but i wonder the role it has
>>> within the university.
>>>
>>> Is it taught as a technique that can be applied in the audiovisual
>>> industry (such as video clips, advertisements, fiction animated films,
>>> etc.) or as a line to develop artistic projects or personal film
>>> developments?
>>>
>>> Would be great to know personal experiences concerning teaching this
>>> animation technique related to experimental cinema.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Albert
>>> --
>>> http://albertalcoz.com/ <http://www.albertalcoz.com/>