[Frameworks] Books on Handmade Films

Becka Barker becka at beckabarker.info
Thu Jan 16 13:45:41 UTC 2020

Three books I think are worth checking out:

Helen Hill’s* Recipes for Disaster* is a sort of big zine that’s separated
into two parts—direct cameraless tips and techniques, and hand-processing
recipes. Might be hard to find a hard copy but I think there are PDF
versions floating around on the interwebs.

Steve Woloshen has two books: *Recipes for Reconstruction* and *Scratch,
Crackle & Pop. *These are also pretty accessible and I think you can buy
copies online*.*

Do you have a sense of what kinds of equipment and facilities you’ll have
access to when you do the workshop? Good luck with it!

Becka Barker

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 4:10 PM Maruyama Tetsuya <papmaruyama at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear all.
>
> I am planning a workshop on super 8 direct filmmaking in Port-au-Prince,
> Haiti, and need some reference on books that talk about handmade films
> without camera.
> It doesn't have to be technical since I would like a broad range of ideas
> and notes, and ideally they can be pdf, so I can share with the fellow
> participants.
>
> I saw a post by Gregory Zinman on his new book, and became curious….
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Tetsuya Maruyama
> Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
>
> -:-:-

Becka Barker
M. Ed., B.F.A., B. Sc. (Hons)
beckabarker.info

*This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager.
individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not
disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender
immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete
this email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.*