[Frameworks] BAMPFA & BAVC join forces Feb. 1

Michael Campos-Quinn MLIS mcq at berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 24 21:49:06 UTC 2020

Hello,

For those of you in the Bay Area next weekend, here's an event that you
might find interesting:

The Bay Area Video Coalition and the Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film
Archive will host a Video Preservation Petting Zoo, where visitors can
handle various exotic tape formats, witness generation loss live, and see a
lightweight video digitization rig transfer tapes before your very eyes.
We'll play selections from tapes in the BAMPFA collection transferred over
the years of our long relationship with BAVC, and BAVC experts will provide
an overview of video preservation techniques. Visitors will also learn
about BAVC's Preservation Access Program
<https://bavc.org/preserve-media/preservation-access-program>, which
subsidizes analog media transfers for artists and cultural organizations.

The event will take place on Saturday, February 1st at noon.

More info on the event facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/events/788493408261344/> and on BAMPFA's website
<https://bampfa.org/event/video-preservation-petting-zoo>.

Regards,