[Frameworks] Onion City Film and Video Festival

Bernard Roddy roddybp0 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 14:35:39 UTC 2020

Dear film lovers, I have watched works of a couple programs ("Are we there
yet?" and "Immaterial Girls") in this year's Onion City Film Festival (
onioncityfilmfest.org) and been thinking about the role of cinema in such
work. Here's Immaterial Girls' artists:

Victoria Vanderpool
Ariel Teal
Rebba Amaris
Lydia Moyer
Ariella Tai
Jesse McLean
Jessica Bardsley

In Bardsley's video, the film Thelma and Louise is used to powerful effect,
and in Victoria Vanderpool's there is an interesting meditation on what we
want and what we get out of cinema (at least as a subject such as
Vanderpool is).

Now, I would recommend these works before anything I had watched at
Experiments in Cinema.

Bernie