[Frameworks] Films that feature confrontal intimidation

Morgan Hoyle-Combs mhoylecombs at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 15:16:18 UTC 2020

Hello all,
I've wanted to ask this for a while. Are there any films that feature a scene where the character is confronted and intimidated by a manipulator who tries to make the situation awkward and confusing? I'm thinking to scenes like Alex's dinner sequence in Clockwork Orange or a scene where psychologist ridicule their subjects in William Klein's The Model Couple (1977). Greenaway's The Belly of an Architect is a great example of a struggling architect who becomes exploited and mocked by two elitist museum curators.
Also, not sure if anyone is aware (I am unfortunately) but there is a growing trend among social media in which people who have a disagreement or argument with someone on the street will film them on their phone and upload it to platforms, which in turn will makes it very difficult for the person being put on the spot for ridicule.