[Frameworks] Online free - Jenn Reeves films

Cat Tassini cat.tassini at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 18:19:39 UTC 2020

Hi Jenn

Hope you are happy and healthy amidst all the corona craziness!

Thank you so much for sharing your work with us! Unfortunately, I'm not a
teacher so I can't help you with a school rental. However, I very much
enjoyed your Vimeo page and "followed" you on there. I love the meditative
quality of your videos and the clarity of your descriptions.

I do have a question for you, as someone who loves shooting on film but
rarely does due to practical concerns, which is how do you source it? Do
you just buy reels yourself (and if so, do you have any tips?), or are
there film-specific grants you have access to? I'm curious because I am in
development for my first feature and I want to shoot at least some of it on
film (definitely Super 8, maybe 16 mm and/or 35 as well) and trying to
figure out how to make the logistics work.

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Warmly,

Cat

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 10:59 AM Sparky Reeves <sparkypix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,   Best wishes for health and strength and getting through today
> and what lies ahead!
>
> In case anyone is interested to watch on their own, or if you are a
> professor going as crazy as I am about remote teaching (while
> simultaneously homeschooling), I’d be happy if you’d like to share these
> with students as class or suggested viewing during "CoVid19 Spring 2020".
> I’ll upload a few more of my films if I have time, so subscribe to the
> channel if you would be interested in future uploads.
>
> https://vimeo.com/channels/jenn16mm
>
> (I do appreciate and need school rentals of my work, which help me
> continue making films.  So in future semesters I hope those of you who show
> my work for classroom use, will go back to renting, or ask if we can do an
> exchange of some sort if you don’t have a budget. Thanks.)
>
> Take care,
>
> Jenn

Cat Tassini
Media & Design