[Frameworks] Quote of the Day

Francisco Torres fjtorrespr at gmail.com
Sun May 3 05:21:48 UTC 2020

It seems harsh to put the responsability of our current situation on
all of humanity when actually it is the product of decisions taken
since ancient times by those in power and not by anything like ''human
nature''. If today the Amazon burns and African rainforest are razen
it is because decisions taken in boardrooms and presidential palaces
and, if we want to go further back, when Columbus and Da Gama got
money and ships to ''discover'' America and Africa...

But that is a political view of history, one that seems to be rapidly
being replaced by others like the one created by Mr. Edward O. Wilson,
Sociobiology.  In Sociobiology we humans have no other choice but to
compete against each other without any hope of ever getting out of the
systems of control and explotation created by the state and capital.
After all it is our genes who are on the driver seat, selfish genes
who only care for their replication. So why despair about domination
and destruction of all of nature then?  A very useful ideology to
those sitting at the top of the heap because it makes them feel better
by liberating them of responsability and for the rest of us who expect
to accept the rule power as the only possible way of living. ''Dont
worry, if it is just the way of nature, the strong survive and the
weak perish, either on the forest or the stock market''. That sounds
just like the words  the priestly caste have been feeding us since
Babylon.