[Frameworks] movie scenes

Dave Tetzlaff djtet53 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 16:06:34 UTC 2020

Gene:

When you say “mythic shot of protagonist walking” my first thought is Woody Guthrie walking through the migrant camp in “Bound for Glory”. But this may not fit what you’re thinking of as it’s a long take rather than a montage, and the camera is following the protagonist so we don’t see his reactions. There are any number of similar following-long-takes in other films, including the famous onto-the-stage shot in “Primary” and the parody of it in “Spinal Tap”.

If this relates to Kuchar-cam shots, e.g. in “Hold Me…” of course there’s “Pi” (and maybe other?) by Aronofsky.