[Frameworks] EIKI slimline 16mm projector query

graemehogg at irational.org graemehogg at irational.org
Tue May 26 14:07:50 UTC 2020

As I understand things, you'd have less torque on a larger diameter hub.

Think of a pencil and wrapping film on that, it would be like a gear, and
easily wind the material with minimum effort.

A large hub, like a large gear, would need more effort to wind anything.

Anyway, physics of take up reels aside, the problem sounds almost
certainly the TUP clutch assembly inside the machine. These routinely slip
out on these machines/models.

Of course the single timing belt on the Eiki design means everything is
connected to everything else so you'd be wise to get the service manual
and learn how to lube every geared wheel, using correct lube in each case
and take apart and lube the cam tank.

NACHLEBEN FILM LAB AND ARCHIVE
http://www.nachleben.org.uk
CUBE CINEMA. BRISTOL