[Frameworks] optical soundtrack generator?

Dominic Angerame dominic.angerame at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 16:34:08 UTC 2020

This is a bit off topic for optical soundtracks.

For decades I have been using a Kodak stock that was produced for making optical tracks. Most of my “City Symphony” series was filmed using this stock, 7378. Kodak discontinued this acetate stock a couple of decades ago. I bought as much of this particular material before Kodak stopped making it. They now make an estar based stock for making tracks. This estar based is not recommended for using in a Bolex since it could jam and damage the camera.

Kodak advised me not to use 7378 for filming. However the cost of .05 per foot was tempting. 7378 was tricky to use as a camera stock because of an estimated asa of 10-12. The result however is beautiful high contrast image. My films, “Continuum”, “Deconstruction Sight”, “Premonition”, “In the Course of Human Events”, “The Soul of Things”, “Revelations” were all created using this beautiful stock. I continue to film with 7378 with the few remaining rolls that I have left. “Revelations” can be seen on Vimeo (just search for Dominic Angerame to view this and other films)  My other films are available on a Blu Ray collection of my work produced by Re-Voir. Filming with 7378 as a camera stock.

Anyone out there that has rolls of 7378 I am interested in purchasing more of this material. Please contact me off site at dominic at cinemod.net <mailto:dominic at cinemod.net>

Dominic