[Frameworks] Arri S modifications from 16mm to Super 16

Jeff Kreines jeff at kinetta.com
Tue Apr 6 21:43:55 UTC 2021

While DuAll does good work, it seems crazy to me to sink $3500 into an Arri S. Remember you need lenses that cover S16 (a problem with wide lenses and zooms).

Unless the Arri S is a camera you love and have used forever, and sync sound and 400-foot rolls matter not to you, I’d suggest you look at newer used cameras.

For tiny but difficult to thread there's  the Aaton A-Minima. Any Aaton LTR or later  — either factory S16 or converted (make sure LTR mags have the crossover roller flipped — are nice on your shoulder.   If you can find a decent French Eclair ACL with 200 foot mags, it’s a small camera that’s fun to use. That’s a minority opinion, and they are kind of fragile.

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta
jeff at kinetta.com
kinetta.com