[Frameworks] RIP Gene Youngblood

GENE YOUNGBLOOD atopia at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 15:25:01 UTC 2021

Dear Frameworks Community,

I am Gene's wife, Jane Youngblood.  Gene valued your community very much.  He relied on the Frameworks Community for collegial friendship and research support.

On May 4, 2020, Gene suffered and survived his first and only massive heart attack.  A stent was placed in his right coronary artery.  He then had to undergo a year of anti-coagulation therapy to protect him from a clot forming in the stent.

Gene's cause of death is not known yet.  Most likely the cause is related to his heart attack.  It appears he may have had a stroke that injured his medulla oblongata, based on his symptoms and behavior over January-March this year.

Gene donated his brain to UCLA's Brain Research Institute.  http://www.bri.ucla.edu/research/resources   One feature of UCLA's BRI is that they will send me a report of their full research findings.  This way his cause of death will be known.

A memorial service for Gene is being planned and will be hosted by the Currents New Media Festival in June 2021.  When plans for the memorial are finalized, I'll post them to the Frameworks listserv.

Gene was on hospice.  He died peacefully at home at 8 p.m., April 6th.

I'm grateful to all who've expressed their respect, love and deep appreciation of Gene.  Your tributes are deeply consoling.

In gratitude,

Jane