[Frameworks] RIP Gene Youngblood

FrameWorks Admin frameworks at re-voir.com
Thu Apr 8 15:53:31 UTC 2021

Thank you Jane for posting information about Gene and the upcoming memorial. His contributions to this listserv, indeed to the world, were invaluable.
Gene was reading FrameWorks actively long after his June 18th post. Below I thought I would share the last two emails he sent me, foretelling his pull toward a virtual reality, but maybe not yet.
- Pip

September 24, 2020:
Hi Pip,

I assume you are well. My health isn’t good due to consequences of a heart attack May 4. I've been in hospital three times since then. It’s no longer life threatening, but certainly life changing.

A big part of it is chronic fatigue, so I'm simplifying. That includes unsubscribing from non-essential listservs, so please remove me from Frameworks. My interest in the moving image has drifted away from celluloid and video toward AI-based immersive worlding. That’s the new expanded cinema for me.

This is nothing personal of course. It has always been good to hear from you, but I can’t guarantee a response these days.

I wish you and yours good fortune as we all attempt to navigate the increasingly perfect storm.

Gene

November 2, 2020:
Hello Pip,
I made a mistake when asked you to remove me from the list, so please restore whatever settings I had.

Thanks...

Gene & Jane Youngblood