[Frameworks] RIP Gene Youngblood (Ken Paul Rosenthal)

Barton Weiss bart at videofest.org
Thu Apr 8 18:48:46 UTC 2021

So sad to hear about Gene passing
He had a profound influence in my life. Reading expanded cinema gave me a window to a world and  a way of thinking about media that transformed me.  Meeting him in person was such a thrill and hearing him influence a new generation was powerful.
One of the great joys of running a festival is you get to meet and spend time with people and perhaps the richest example is when Gene came to the Dallas Video Fest.
Those memories and the influence he has had on so many people will live on.

Bart/Weiss

UT Arlington cinematic Arts/Apple Distinguished Educator

Producer Frame of Mind on KERA

Co host The Fog of Truth podcast

Bart at videofest.org <mailto:Bart at videofest.org>
bart at uta.edu <mailto:bart at uta.edu>