[Frameworks] Call for support: L'Abominable / Le Navire Argo

Guim guimme at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 17:26:32 UTC 2021

[image: Navire_Argo]
[image: facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/labominableasso>

Sign the petition <https://navireargo.org/en/become-an-argonaut/>
*The artist-run film lab L’Abominable once again finds itself in a
difficult situation.*

The current space, located under an elementary school, was put at our
disposal by the city of La Courneuve in 2011. As part of a plan to renovate
the school, the building is currently planned for demolition in the summer
of 2022. Although this doesn't come entirely as a surprise — we always knew
the situation was temporary — the demolition date is arriving sooner than
we had thought.

Over the last year, we have been in dialogue with the La Courneuve
municipal government with the goal of trying to find a permanent space for
the lab, which was the original plan when we first arrived here. All while
staying in touch with La Courneuve officials, we are obliged to also start
looking elsewhere.

That is why we have put together the website navireargo.org, which lays out
our project for a space that would build on the lab we have run since 1996,
first in Asnières and later in La Courneuve. *Navire Argo would be both a
lab and a screening room,* as it is already the case at L'Abominable,
albeit in a permanent space that would represent the culmination of all our
work over the years. This new screening room, which would be dedicated to
the projection of photochemical film, would now be open to the public.

Learn more about the project — and what's at stake — on the website and *help
us by signing the petition* <https://navireargo.org/en/become-an-argonaut/> and
sharing this message.

*In order for Navire Argo to see the light of day, we need to find a space
between now and 2022.*

[image: LOGO_LABOMINABLE]