[Frameworks] Filmmakers Filming Monographs

Patrick Friel patrick.friel at att.net
Tue Feb 2 00:41:44 UTC 2021

Hello Frameworkers!

Someone (I think from the Walker Art Center?) inquired about this many, many years ago, but I don't see in the Frameworks archive that she received any definitive answers (just some guesses).
Trying to figure out what the complete run of the "Filmmakers Filming" monographs includes. They were produced in the early 1980s by the Walker Art Center and Film in the Cities.
1. Stan Brakhage2. Ken Jacobs3. Bruce Baillie4. Nelson/Wiley5. Kenneth Anger6. Ernie Gehr7. Robert Breer8. Jonas Mekas9. Pat O'Neill10. ???11. Larry Jordan12. Yvonne Rainer13. Bruce Conner14. Paul Sharits15. George Landow+ ????
So the questions are:
Was there a number ten?  If so, what was it? My suspicion at this point is that the numbering got messed up and that the series skips from number nine to number eleven, but I've seen no indication anywhere that this is the case.
Was there anything after number 15?
I can find no evidence online for anything other than the fourteen specified above.
If anyone knows anything definite about number 10 or if there are any after number fifteen, I'd be grateful.
ALSO, if anyone has copies that they are willing to part with (at a mutually agreed fair price), email me privately. I'm looking for a few in particular (Conner, Landow, number ten if it exists), and would upgrade some others depending on cost/condition.
I hope all is well with everyone,
Regards,
Patrick FrielIn cold, snowy Chicago