[Frameworks] For immediate release: Crystal Z Campbell: from the corner of my eye

Escobar López Almudena hidenka at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 19:09:19 UTC 2021

is pleased to present

Crystal Z Campbell

from the corner of my eye

on view, March 1—22, 2021

Hartnett Gallery <http://blogs.rochester.edu/hartnett/> presents Crystal Z
Campbell: from the corner of my eye, opening March 1, 2021, the first
retrospective of video works of artist, filmmaker, and writer Crystal Z
Campbell. Campbell’s multidisciplinary artistic practice traces how the
relationality between ideas and forms emerge through embodied creative
research. Rupturing public experiences of historical memory through lived
experiences of selfhood, Campbell imagines a new understanding of social
relations, and questions the institutional forensics of witnessing.

 from the corner of my eye features several short video works by Campbell
from 2009 to the present, a live performative reading, and a new
collaborative writing piece by Campbell and Almudena Escobar López. The
selection of films examine Campbell’s archival investigations interlacing
personal experiences, silenced memories, and shared histories.

For full press release click here
<https://blogs.rochester.edu/hartnett/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/For-Immediate-Release-CrystalZCampbell-from-the-corner-of-my-eye-at-Hartnett-Gallery.pdf>

###

Press contact: Ryan Maciel rmaciel2 at u.rochester.edu

Hartnett contact: Almudena Escobar López, Hartnett Graduate Director
almudena.escobar.lopez at rochester.edu

--

Almudena Escobar López

Pronouns: she, her, hers

Email: *almudena.escobar.lopez at gmail.com <almudena.escobar.lopez at gmail.com>*

Web: https://almudenaescobarlopez.com
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__almudenaescobarlopez.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=kbmfwr1Yojg42sGEpaQh5ofMHBeTl9EI2eaqQZhHbOU&r=8Ql_OOiar3dM4qj8HgSa8B_PeXcAqjuMhtCns1AGAvxtuJSU8F-ficPKgUHUzxHW&m=WRcryJ5b-VRP-K3O-d1YtdtY_ngHWqZW8J1wmDzTTaI&s=MUAqWsUAjPRRP_PYSyEJWhTmDAT5hNYdiWEq8Jcjd1w&e=>