[Frameworks] Open For Submission: Mimesis Documentary Festival 2021

jjmartinod jjmartinod at protonmail.com
Mon Jan 4 21:32:03 UTC 2021

Hey Eric,
Good to be in touch with you once more.
I have a film I finished as part of my MFA but for some reason Filmfreeway is refusing to let me submit in that category(even though I have it catalogued as a "student" film) Do y'all have an alternate way of submitting?
I am considering submitting even though I am one of them who believes it should be[artists getting paid](https://invertedpyramid.org/)(which leads to an inquiry: do y'all pay artist fees if selected?)
I know y'alls work(remember we spoke when i was considered for the PhD at CU & we also met at the Mexico film lab gathering|2018) so might make the exception even with the current difficulties surrounding it all. Y'all are up to good labor, but many of us are struggling. Any type of submission fee will inevitably slice some out from submitting. I know many people who don't. I can tell you for a fact I very rarely pay submission fees. This last film of mine has struggled because of it i believe.
This in no way should be taken as a questioning of the good work you & your team & everyone involved is undertaking. Clearly it's amazing work. Just an acknowledgement of the fucked up preconceptions placed upon artists/filmmakers within the screening/festival/distribution world.

salud & best wishes,
jean-jacques

-