[Frameworks] Applications for the 2021 BAVC Preservation Access Program are now Open!

Morgan Morel morganmorel at bavc.org
Fri Jan 8 18:13:24 UTC 2021

[image: Greyscale image: person in 70s blouse/vest, long paigeboy hair,
holds Sony portapack camera. VCR font text on neon gradient reads "Digitize
your tapes before it's too late!"]
<https://bavc.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cf692fafd6f56dbd6f1d04fd8&id=8665805569&e=934f1c73e9>

BAVC's Preservation Access Program can bring stories of the past into the
future!

The old tapes you have in storage are likely way past their shelf-life, and
the longer they sit the harder it will be to preserve the content they
hold. Through the Preservation Access Program, BAVC is able to provide
affordable preservation services to individuals and small-to-midsize
organizations who have analog audiovisual materials in their collections.
Especially if those collections contain art, activism, or content featuring
BIPOC communities and LGBTQ+ communities!

If you have questions, BAVC will be holding a virtual Q&A on *Tuesday,
February 2nd,* at 5pm PST on our twitch channel
<https://bavc.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cf692fafd6f56dbd6f1d04fd8&id=dc3fd54336&e=934f1c73e9>
to *discuss the program, application tips, and preservation techniques*. In
addition, there will be a *screening showcasing materials digitized by past
BAVC PAP recipients*. If you can't make it to the event and have any
questions about the application, feel free to email us
<preservation at bavc.org?subject=Preservation%20Access%20Program%20Questions>
.

The deadline for submitting applications is *Monday, February 8th, 2021.*

Learn More + Apply Now
<https://bavc.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cf692fafd6f56dbd6f1d04fd8&id=8b1030830c&e=934f1c73e9>

--
Morgan Oscar Morel I Preservation Director I Bay Area Video Coalition |
He/Him