[Frameworks] Haiku in film

Chris Lange cinepaint at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 02:30:42 UTC 2021

Looks like Morgan Dusatko made rules that translates syllables as seconds in a shot. That’s an interesting translation of form.

WTC Haikus by Jonas Mekas I found on youtube. Truly beautiful. Loose on definition with haiku; maybe it’s just influenced by haiku, just to be thought of as poetry, which it is. I thought the film footage was better and more vibrant than the video in this piece, but it’s all a great montage.

I will watch Lost Lost Lost. Looks like it’s on Amazon. Haha. Is it anywhere else?

I see Imperfect Three Image Films is on Lightcone.com <http://lightcone.com/>. Three images, like three lines in a poem. I’ll try to get it soon.

Pip, that’s a fun poem you have in memory:

“On wet sidewalk
A lonely bicycle wheel
Locked to a tree”

Very good, and it could be a film.