[Frameworks] Film lab in San Francisco?

Julian Antos julian at chicagofilmsociety.org
Thu Jan 28 18:06:41 UTC 2021

Regarding x-rays, I was ordering shipping supplies and discovered Fedex has
a label for unprocessed film. You can order them for free if you have an
account. It doesn't look like UPS has one, but it seems like a generic
label so could probably be used for any courier.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 11:58 AM Marie Losier <marie.panicabord at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you all so very much for your care and fast reply and super help!
> I will mail the films to Color Lab and print No X Ray papers and all
> Thank you so much
> Take care
> Best
> Marie
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 7:44 AM Dominic Angerame <
> dominic.angerame at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have been shipping exposed film within the State of Calif over the past
>> two months and have had no problems with Xray damage without such notices,
>> however, if u really want to be safe it does not hurt to place these labels
>> on the packages. I guess we have to trust that the Post Office still does
>> not X-ray the packages. For mailing out of State it makes sense to place
>> such labels.
>>
>> Thanks Scott for the link.
>>
>> Dominic
>>
>> On Jan 26, 2021, at 7:33 AM, Erin C.W. <erincw at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> When shipping undeveloped film I print these labels and tape them on the
>> package.
>> <H-512_Do_NOT_X-RAY_Avery_5164_Shipping_Labels.jpg>
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 9:45 AM Scott Dorsey <kludge at panix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> If you are shipping film, put labels or marking tape on the box saying
>>> not
>>> to do X-ray inspection.
>>>
>>> When you order film from Kodak, you can also order their do-not-x-ray
>>> labels
>>> too.  They are listed as FPE products, I believe.
>>>
>>> These are cheaper:
>>> https://www.amazon.com/Caution-X-Ray-Paper-Labels-Roll/dp/B00BL22TN2
>>>
>>> And Markertek Video Supply sells cheaper smaller ones, as well as rolls
>>> of
>>> shipping tape with the markings too.
>>> --scott
>>>
>>> --