[Frameworks] Fwd: Mimesis Festival '21 - Tickets On Sale Now!

Eric Coombs Esmail coombs.eric at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 19:32:06 UTC 2021

 Dear Friends,

Please see the announcement below regarding tickets and passes for the 2021
Mimesis Documentary Festival, August 4-10 in Boulder, Colorado. We have an
exciting lineup this year, including in-person and virtual screenings,
installations, conversations, workshops, and masterclasses.

Please note that we also have a number of discounted and free options
available for University of Colorado faculty, staff, and students, as well
as Submitting and Selected MDF 2021 Artists.

We hope to see you at Mimesis this year! Do not hesitate to reach out if
you have any questions.

Very best,

Eric Coombs Esmail (h/h/h)
*Director *// Center for Documentary and Ethnographic Media
*Instructor *// Critical Media Practices
College of Media, Communication, and Information
University of Colorado *Boulder*
eric.coombsesmail at colorado.edu
303-735-6470

Tickets are now available for the 2021 Mimesis Documentary Festival!
View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/f3f2403e2439/tomorrow-6-pm-mdt-flaherty-x-boulder-sessions-ab-6317286?e=772f8d4d95>
*Worshop: Day Residue *
A filmmaking workshop on the every day with opening night artist Lynne
Sachs.
*Saturday 7 August 10 AM in the Grace Gamm Theater*
Watch Trailer
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=7d7ace0c37&e=772f8d4d95>
Tickets for the 2021 Festival are now on sale! August 4th-10th, 2021
- Boulder, CO. Tickets and passes are now on sale for the 2021 Mimesis
Documentary Festival. Mimesis has partnered with Eventive to build an
integrative in-person and virtual experience for 26 documentary programs as
well as conversations, workshops, and masterclasses. Visit
mimesisfestival.org
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=6824cf43c8&e=772f8d4d95>
to reserve your seats today!
Buy Tickets
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=957c5aec62&e=772f8d4d95>
Ticketing Information Tickets to all virtual and in-person events can be
purchased individually or bundled in ticket passes. We also offer a Virtual
Pass and a limited number of full Festival Passes.

*For the University of Colorado Community*
There are also promotions and discounts available for the University of
Colorado community. These include:

   - 50% off most tickets and passes for faculty and staff through our CU
   Community Membership program,
   - free access to in-person events for CU students on a limited basis.

If you are a member of the CU community, email mdf at colorado.edu to receive
your unique purchase code indicating whether you are faculty, staff, or a
student, and include your anticipated date of graduation (if applicable).

*For Mimesis Artists*
Additionally, we have opportunities for both Submitting and Selected
Mimesis Artists. If you submitted to MDF 2021, please email mdf at colorado.edu
for your complimentary Virtual Pass. If your work was selected for MDF
2021, you are also eligible for a complimentary pass that will provide
access to all in-person and virtual events.

*Please note that a limited number of artist passes are available and that
they will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.*
Please check our FAQ
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=5e8ec0c56f&e=772f8d4d95>
for more details.

Buy Passes
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=26297cef16&e=772f8d4d95>
Important Updates There have been a number of small changes to the 2021
Schedule as the result of travel difficulties stemming from the global
pandemic. We apologize for any inconvenience these adjustments may cause.

Some changes to take note of include:

*Lynne Sachs In-Person *
Brooklyn-based artist and poet Lynne Sachs will join us in-person for
the Opening
Night
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=53db0af762&e=772f8d4d95>
screening of her recent work, *Film About a Father Who* (2020).

*Change: *Sachs's artist-focused workshop
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=ab63108c11&e=772f8d4d95>
exploring her signature medium, the "film-poem," will now be held on
Saturday August 7 at 10 AM.

*Pedro Costa Virtual*
Due to complications with travel outside of our control, Pedro Costa will
join the Festival virtually this year. He will present his films *Vitalina
Varela* (2019) and *Horse Money* (2014).

*Change: *Pedro Costa's editing masterclass
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=753a9c5427&e=772f8d4d95>
based on a new restoration of *Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie? *(2001)
will now be held on Sunday, August 8th at 9:30 AM in the Grace Gamm
Theater. We will still gather in the theater for an in-person experience,
with additional opportunities for Mimesis Artists to participate virtually.

*Other Changes*
Please review the schedule
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=e196a1bcba&e=772f8d4d95>
for other changes, including adjusted screening times for some programs.

View the 2021 Program
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=3f086f19a8&e=772f8d4d95>
Like what you see? Mimesis Documentary Festival is brought to life by
support from our community of international artists and audiences. Your
donations
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=dc42b6d476&e=772f8d4d95>
support artists and help keep screenings and workshops free for CU
students. Contribute now
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=68d06076f6&e=772f8d4d95>
and help us continue to provide a platform for the infinite potential of
documentary media.
Support Our Work
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=5d46f7a25e&e=772f8d4d95>
*Our Supporters*

Mimesis Documentary Festival is made possible with major support from the
Stewart Family Foundation, generous contributions from the University of
Colorado’s College of Media, Communication, and Information
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=98aa18b5d5&e=772f8d4d95>,
the Departments of Anthropology
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=8f97929484&e=772f8d4d95>
and Critical Media Practices
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=544928b9e9&e=772f8d4d95>,
the Research and Innovation Office, and by the ongoing support of our
donors, audiences, and artists.
Festival Partners include: Alchemy Film and Arts, the Department of
Anthropology, B2 Center for Media, Arts and Performance, The Brakhage
Center at the University of Colorado Boulder, the College of Media,
Communication, and Information, the Department of Critical Media Practices,
the Dairy Arts Center, Deranged Penguin Productions, the Center for
Documentary and Ethnographic Media, the Flaherty, the Stewart Family
Foundation, and Wolf Tung Media
Contribute Now
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=d3cbb6a96b&e=772f8d4d95>

Mimesis is an initiative of the University of Colorado Boulder’s Center for
Documentary and Ethnographic Media
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=b764865c31&e=772f8d4d95>
to create and foster a local, regional, and international network of
documentary artists, scholars, and producers. We are artist-focused,
community oriented, and committed to providing a platform for the infinite
potential of nonfiction media.
[image: Instagram]
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=2efd3771c3&e=772f8d4d95>
[image: Facebook]
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=d5bc067414&e=772f8d4d95>
[image: Twitter]
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=f1ec13120d&e=772f8d4d95>
[image: Website]
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=ba81a2eeb3&e=772f8d4d95>
[image: Email] <mdf at colorado.edu>
*Our mailing address is:*
mdf at colorado.edu

You can update your preferences
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/profile?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=43b2afad28&e=772f8d4d95&c=2f3c54214c>
or unsubscribe from this list
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=43b2afad28&e=772f8d4d95&c=2f3c54214c>.

This email was sent to cdem at colorado.edu
*why did I get this?*
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/about?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=43b2afad28&e=772f8d4d95&c=2f3c54214c>
    unsubscribe from this list
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=43b2afad28&e=772f8d4d95&c=2f3c54214c>
    update subscription preferences
<https://centerforethnographicmedia.us19.list-manage.com/profile?u=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&id=43b2afad28&e=772f8d4d95&c=2f3c54214c>
Mimesis Center for Documentary and Ethnographic Media · 1350 Pleasant St. ·
Boulder, CO 80309-0001 · USA

[image: Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/email-referral/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral_marketing&aid=8d02b3ebfaceb3cb489c1a57d&afl=1>