[Frameworks] Buying a 35mm film projector (Bauer B12)

Kasper Lauritzen byldorf.films at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 21:31:12 UTC 2021

Dear Frameworkers,

I've seen a lot of you write about film projectors and similar
equipment, so I hope someone can help me on here. I was recently
offered to buy a 35mm projector and "rewinder" (don't know what
they're called) from an old cinema here in Denmark. It's a Bauer and I
think the model is called "B12" - I've attached a photo with some
measurements (in meters) on.

The only problem is that it's an hours drive, and I don't know what's
the most realistic way to transport it. Especially regarding the
weight. I've experienced that 16mm projectors are fairly heavy, so Is
it realistic to carry a 35mm out if you're two guys, should I look for
professional movers, or does it even require special equipment
(crane?) to move it?

Also, should I assume these are usually bolted or in some other way
hard to unmount? And can the projector itself be disassembled to fit
into a station car?

I know those are many questions, but I hope that there's some expert
out there who can give me an idea of how this can be done. My fingers
are crossed, and thank you for your help in advance!

Kasper