[Frameworks] (S8) Mostra de Cinema Periférico in A Coruña is back!

Elena Duque elenaduque at gmail.com
Tue May 25 11:48:56 UTC 2021

Dear Frameworkers

(S8) Mostra de Cinema Periférico in A Coruña is back in its regular dates
(from May 28th to June 6th), with a dual edition (on-site and online). We
are very happy to be back in the screening rooms (even with a very limited
seating capacity) in our 12th edition, and to be able to share with you
all, around the world, our online program.
[image: Pantalla_S8_XII.jpg]
This year in our online edition, Camera Obscura (our take on Robert
Gardner's *Screening Room*) will be devoted to the Spanish filmmakers David
Domingo <https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/10/camera-obscura-david-domingo/>
and Juan Sebastián Bollaín
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/10/camera-obscura-juan-sebastian-bollain/>,
we will have a special on Val del Omar's famous laboratory, the "PLAT"
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/10/camera-obscura-val-del-omar/>, and we
will have programs on the Argentinian filmmaker Pablo Marín
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/10/camera-obscura-pablo-marin/> and our
dear Jodie Mack
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/10/camera-obscura-jodie-mack/>. We will
also put a special focus on Galician filmmakers, with a program on the work
of Helena Girón and Samuel Delgado
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/19/sinais-helena-giron-and-samuel-delgado-2/>,
and short programs on Alberto Gracia
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/10/especial-sinais-en-curto-alberto-gracia-3/>
, Xacio Baño
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/10/especial-sinais-en-curto-xacio-bano/>, Sol
Mussa
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/10/especial-sinais-en-curto-sol-mussa/>, Marta
Valverde
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/10/especial-sinais-en-curto-marta-valverde/>
and Eloy Domínguez Serén
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/10/especial-sinais-en-curto-eloy-dominguez-seren-2/>.
Last but not least, there will be a little online version of our on-site
program The Mechanics of Light
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/10/the-mechanics-of-light-2/>.  *All
subtitled in English, and available for free worldwide from May 28th to
June 6th on our website <https://s8cinema.com/en/home/>! You will also be
able to watch our film performances in streaming in our social media
(featuring works by Esperanza Collado, Deborah Phillips, James Edmonds, Las
Synergys and Helena Girón and Samuel Delgado).*

We will have here with us, in person, filmmakers such as Tomonari Nishikawa
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/19/tomonari-nishikawa-beyond-sightseeing/>,
Deborah Phillips
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/19/deborah-s-phillips-handmade-1/>. James
Edmonds
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/19/james-edmonds-la-impronta-sobre-el-soporte/>,
Esperanza Collado,
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/19/desbordamientos-esperanza-collado/> Juan
Sebastián Bollaín
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/19/juan-sebastian-bollain-lets-be-realistic-demand-the-imposible-2/>,
Bruno Delgado Ramo
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/19/bruno-delgado-ramo-ingredients-and-procedures/>,
Helena Girón and Samuel Delgado
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/19/sinais-helena-giron-and-samuel-delgado/>,
in several projections and film performances. We will also feature a
special program on Spanish pioneer of experimental film and expanded cinema
José Val del Omar, projecting his breathtaking "Tríptico Elemental de
España"
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/19/val-del-omar-a-cinema-of-elements-1/>,
as well as a "mirror program"
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/19/val-del-omar-a-cinema-of-elements-2/>
highlighting the resonances of Val del Omar legacy on young and veteran
filmmakers (hopefully we will be touring worldwide next year with this
double program, if you have any enquiries on this please send me an email).

We will also have programs specially curated for the festival: Giulia
Mazzone and Giuseppe Spina, from Nomadica, will bring us a special program
on Italian cinema, Il corpo latente
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/12/carte-blanche-circuito-nomadica/>;
Dietmar Schwärzler, from sixpackfilm, will bring us Body Games
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/12/sixpackfilm-carte-blanche-body-games/>,
a program on Austrian filmmakers; we will feature The Mechanics of Light
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/10/the-mechanics-of-light/>, a program
around the film camera; and we will have an Illustrated Lecture / Carte
Blanche by French filmmaker Jean-Claude Rousseau
<https://s8cinema.com/en/2021/05/18/an-illustrated-conference-by-jean-claude-rousseau/>,
presented by Francisco Algarín and Carlos Saldaña.

Last but not least, we will have some panels you can follow online in
streaming: a panel on Val del Omar's life and work (with English
simultaneous translation) and a panel on microcinemas around the world
(featuring London's Close Up Cinema, New York's Light Industry, Barcelona's
Zumzeig and Santiago de Compostela's Numax), among many toher activities.

We invite you all to join us online!!!!
Here you are a hint of what we have in store:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFqU4K8xuDY

Best wishes,

--
Elena Duque Viña